Welcome to today’s positivity wave! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic woman and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- A two-day conference all about Publishing! Did you attend the SYP ALT/Refresh? I really enjoyed the panels I saw, and I’m looking forward to catching up with the ones I’ve missed. It may be different than being reunited with everyone, but I still got a ‘we’re in this together’ feeling and it was so good to see so many faces!
- Yûki and Iris love being in the car. Well, they prefer my car, but since it’s still being repaired, they make do with the convertible…
- Reconnecting with myself. I am changing many elements of my life at the moment, and I am making room for new and interesting things. I took up meditation (thanks Deepak Chopra!) I started prepping my yoga mat in the evening so I don’t have to think when I wake up the next day and just jump on it for some Sun Salutations. Less screen time, more me time. It feels really good.
- Making work fun again. It’s crazy how we can stop taking pleasure from things we do if the right mindset isn’t here. I’m trying to inject some novelty and creativity into what I do. Publishing is my thing and should never feel boring!
- Slut day! 😂 I wore a skirt/short thing to walk the dogs. So far, nothing unusual… The thing is I forgot to check what I looked liked from behind! Because I’ve gained weight (and I’m happy about it) this piece of clothes fit me like a glove… Now it’s slightly higher on my hips and… Well, I felt like wearing a pom pom girl outfit! It was fine by me until I started to get the whistles and horns in the street. My legs say Fork You all. My butt says it too!
- Lovely book mail ❤️ You can read my review here
- Have you ever thought about getting a coach? I was very skeptical about it. Why pay someone to tell you you’re awesome and you can do it? Still, a friend launched her career coach services recently and I jumped on the opportunity to learn more. I’ve been focusing on self-development, it requires an open mind and gives you a little sense of adventure. Well, this is my new adventure and it is awesome. This is NOT about her telling me I’m fabulous, it’s about getting the right tools for me to achieve my goals. It comes with a wonderful support system, ways to push me in a gentle manner, challenge me and make me grow. I am loving this new journey.
- I finally ordered my contact lenses… But after two years not wearing any, I’ve lost the touch and it’s taking forever to put them on 😂 This was my face after twenty minutes. Yes, twenty minutes. I have very sensitive eyes who close up as soon as you bring something near them!!!! But I will win!!!
- I’m reading What Planet Can I Blame This On by Ellie Pilcher, and OH MY GAWD it’s all I needed. Fun, relatable, cute, and full of good references!
That’s it for this week! Be kind, stay safe, and enjoy the little moments!