Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
I didn’t feel like posting a positivity post when the year began as I am not a fan of the period, and I couldn’t gather enough positivity to share, but here we are, back to spread some joy.
- Dog cuddles in the morning. The alarm is the signal my oldest waits for to jump on me and claim her “good morning” cuddles. I love it.
- Meeting a hen! Yep, you read that right. Didn’t know there was a hen in this urban neighborhood! Or is it a chicken?? 🧐🤨
- Feeling helpful. I often feel like I’m the one needing help, so when I can actually use what I know to give a hand to someone, it makes me very happy.
- When your BFF loves your book BFF.
- The perfect shelfie + dog
- All-hour conversations with the one who know me best. With the right friends, a bad Friday night of dead cats and pissy dogs can turn into a fun time.
- Growth. Recently I’ve finally noticed how much I’ve grown in the last year/years. It simply dawned on me when unexpected things happened and my reaction was completely different from what it would have been before. I definitely don’t have everything figured out, but I feel confident enough to set boundaries, feel connected with myself, recognize when it’s out of my control, and yes, I’ve learned to take a step back. I can’t pinpoint when it’s happened but it did, and I’m grateful to myself.
- Trying new things. New book genres, new Instagram themes, new approaches to whatever comes around. New can be good!
- Dedicated time for reading! It’s a game changer! I have been able to get through more stories thanks to my new routine.
- Takeaway food. I’m addicted to Chinese food.
- A new bedding set, all comfy and pretty.
- Daring! I’ve been much more daring recently, and it’s proved to be awesome. I’ve gained knowledge, friendships, and general happiness.
- Yes. A simple yes from someone you admire and could possibly change a lot of things for you.
- Cake. Always.
- Frozen II! I finally watched it!!! And cried.
- Silly selfies. Anything not to mess with my bangs with my headband…
- A journal… kind of. If you’ve read The Power Hour, the six questions before six will talk to you! I love waking up a little earlier to sit down and answer six questions to really anchor intention into my day.
- Being snuggled in when it’s raining outside 💕 It’ll never get old!
That’s it for me right now. I want to hold on to those little moments of joy, and I hope your week will be filled with snippets of happiness too. Take care…