Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- I’m on holiday! Until January 4th, I am not available for work. Nope! I’ve been working non-stop since June, so this break is more than welcome. My plans include reading, blogging, reading, Instagram, reading, and sleeping!
- The first raclette of the winter!
- We may not have snow, but I make up for it with an awful Christmas jumper!
- The Pick’n’Melt scents have such a soothing effect on my emotions that I am soon going to order more!
- Saying hello to strangers in the street, and getting a hello in return. It can make a day, and it doesn’t cost a penny.
- Croissants and cake to start the day!
- My bangs have grown so fast that I need to have it trimmed at the hairdresser already. My hairdresser lost is bet, ha! But I really feel I’ve find the cut that suits me best and I can finally say I’m pretty. (note: writing it, and realizing I’m posting selfies again made me go ‘oh, people are going to think I’m so shallow and self-centered’ for a minute, and then I reminded myself it’s important to learn how to love yourself, so I shut my internal voice up!)
- I’ve made peace with Christmas! Well, my version of Christmas. No mandatory gatherings, no expensive gifts, no big plans.
- I gave a try to a free workout with a celebrity trainer last Saturday… and lasted 22 minutes 🤣 It took me four days to recover, but I loved trying. I’m on again later today… Maybe I’ll make it to 25 minutes!!!
- I get to steal some reading time because I wake up before my alarm, and I don’t want to disturb the dogs. For the first time ever, EVER, Yûki is sleeping at the bottom of my bed, while Iris is glued to my side. I’m full of love for those two babes ❤️
That’s it for this week 😊 Stay safe, be kind, and smile!