Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
It feels so good to be here. It’s Friday night, I’m watching Don’t Forget The Lyrics (and belting out all the songs) and … I am blogging. I have missed staring at my screen and typing for myself, for my fellow blogger friends, for anything other than work.
Let’s see what kind of happy moments I gathered recently ❤️
- I tried new things. Insta reels, softwares, tea, music, clothing, . I feel like there is room for more. This year we’ve been told to hole ourselves up, and I think I took it too far and closed myself to everything I didn’t already know. But that phase is gone now!
- Talking about new! NEW HAIR! Well, not that new, as I had a similar haircut when I was… six! SIX!
- I’m putting reading at the center of my world again. I love what I do, I love my friends, I love social media. But I need to go back to the basics. I miss being able to stay focused on a book for more than a couple of hours!
- Selfies with doggies! (Yes, we have a lot of spare time, haha!)
- Dairy-free ice cream. OMG.
- Detachment. Not the wrong kind. Let’s say I’ve learned to take a step back and not take everything personally. Something happens, I try and fix it. I make a mistake. I don’t well on it, I fix it. Someone is in a bad mood, I don’t take their words personally. I make room for my own feelings and make sure to preserve my bubble. I still care, of course, but as an oversensitive person, I am proud to be able to manage to watch things happen and react with my head rather than my emotions.
- Wearing cardigans! They’re so comfy and pretty! Oh and I might have bought a new one… Hello Christmas present to myself! Do you recognize it?
- Messages sent and received after midnight when you discover your bestie can’t sleep either and you talk shit until you feel calm and quiet enough to try and rest.
- More kindness. I am a kind person, but I’m making an effort to bring other people an extra dose of it through my words.
- Dancing on Insta and connecting with fellow booklovers made me very happy. I didn’t know I could twerk! 🤣
- Homemade food, junk food, all food! I’m grateful for each meal, even the one I burn.
- Still running… I’m finishing my second round at the Couch to 5K challenge! It’s freezing and I don’t know what to wear to not die from the cold or the sweat… But we’re still hitting the ground!
- Getting the dogs all groomed and happy! (happy… is a big word!)
- Watching Folklore the Long Pond session ❤️ Those songs…
- Yûki and I are connecting on a whole new level 💕
- Creating my own Christmas. I make the rules. No pressure!
- Finally… work. I’ve found a balance that makes me happy and allows me to have enough time to go through my to-do list while keeping time for myself.
- Interviewing J.D. Whitelaw thanks to Honey and Stag!
- I celebrated my move to London a year ago, even if I’m not currently there. My heart remains on those islands…
Okay that’s enough pictures of me and the dogs!!! I hope you’re well, staying safe, and being kind to yourself.
Thanks for still following my ramblings… I’ve missed you.