Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- Scented candles can really make a difference in a room, and on your mood. I’m addicted to Spiced Orange from Pick’n’Melt, despite it being all Christmassy!
- NetGalleyNovember2020… Going … well? I’ve read two books, which is more than the week before! I’ll be spending part of my afternoon writing the reviews.
- Dog training. I’ve had issues with my babes, so we’re relearning to connect and fight their anxiety, it feels good to have those moments every day where I just stop, grab a few treats, and solely focus on them and how to make them feel better.
- A new Fitbit with new challenges. I’m taking it for a run later today!
- Bookstagram fun! So, this happened… It was scary, fun, and even though I’m not so satisfied with how I was during the event, I still had a good time. PS, grab Black River, it’s a terrific book!
- The best nap in a long time. One Saturday afternoon, two doggies, silence, a big couch, and that’s it. Heaven.
- Okay, let’s address the elephant in the room. I do not talk politics online because… Well, because, but I’m going to make an exception here. Thank God for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris! Here’s a pic of me when I heard the news! (I began dancing in the street and the dogs were confused)
- Learning new things. I’ll never tire of feeding my brain with information and new skills. It feels so good to gain more knowledge, and confidence.
- Good news from friends. I am all for lifting each other up instead of bringing everyone else down to get to the top, so when I get fab news from a friend, I celebrate with them. Happiness is made of this.
- Burger King drive-thru is the best remedy to a long day. Or two. Who’s counting???
I hope you’re all safe and enjoying the little joys of life. Remember to be kind, and have fun!