Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- More dog cuteness to help when days are too cold or too long 💕
- I took part in the wonderful readalong for Finding Henri Applebee and it was amazing to share thoughts and ideas about the book. I was also lucky to be live on Instagram to discuss the book thanks to Kelly Lacey, awesome book blogger who took over One More Chapter’s Instagram account. It was really fun. I recommend you try, especially now that we’re back being cooped up home.
- The festivities for my 30th birthdays are still going 😂 I couldn’t resist the Amazon Prime Days and bought myself a Kindle Oasis. I keep telling myself it’s okay because I use it for work, but I still feel guilty about splurging…
- Tea and chocolate in bed.
- A good week at work. My confidence is growing like fungus in a basement! 🤣
- Grateful for a new weekend and time to read!
- I’m excited to try and fill in my reading journal with more info! I need to catch up!!
- Book mail, virtual or postal!
- TV show recommendations. I may not have time to watch much TV but I love getting recs! Next on my list is Emily in Paris.
- Shouting Jeez Louise just because I feel like it 😂
- Mindfulness with FitBit. Early days but I’m giving it a try!
That’s it for this week! Stay safe, smile, and enjoy the little things!