Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- The power of a long hot shower. During the week I only have time for quick showers, so I made the best of the weekend to spend time pampering myself! Gosh it’s nice to spend time playing mermaid 😂
- ICE CREAM DELIVERY. One of the perks of living in a big city is that you get your ice cream delivered on a Friday evening! PS: cake and ice cream make a great couple.
- Pictures! While still having fun with Instagram, I’ve been trying to catch my babies for a few good shots and I think we’re going there!
- Being able to help a friend with something very important. I want those I love to feel happy and safe, but when you’re a control freak, it can be hard! So I am grateful for the woman who turns to me to have her break. I embrace the responsibility and I send all the love!
- Book mail! I feel so bad because some book mail is still being sent to my home in London and my landlady is gonna kill me, haha, but I’m also very lucky to get a few books here in Bordeaux.
- Quiet nights in my safe place.
I have been buying bits an bobs to make my room/office cozier and more “me” and now I don’t ever want to leave the room! Last buy was net curtains 🥰
- Advice from amazing people about running! I need to stop running once every fortnight, haha. This morning, my body was NOT HAPPY. Yet, it felt good to do it, push myself, and only think about breathing for a bit.
- I love reading books set in London and knowing exactly what places they’re talking about or where it is. I miss my home.
- JANET EVANOVICH LIKED MY PHOTO!
- Being able to appreciate uneventful days, the light coming though the curtains, a good laugh, silence…
- I’ve put nail polish on again and it never fails to cheer me up!
That’s it for the week! Take care, be kind, and smile