Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
Wow, days fly by! I miss blogging a lot, but choices need to be made, so you ‘might’ have noticed I went AWOL. Spending 12 hours on the laptop does that to you! Anyway, it’s Sunday, I’m drinking tea, and I wanted to share what has made me smile recently!
- I turned 30 and I couldn’t be happier. I like 30yo me. She is fun. Most of the time!
- Pâtisseries! My happiness project with Kelly is to eat the happiness, and I’m good at this! I treated myself to some goodies!
- I was asked what it was like to have a big birthday during a pandemic. Frankly? It was good. I hate birthday parties anyway! Instead, I received love via texts, voice memos, tweets, and photos. I spent the day rearranging my bedroom and my books, I snuggled with the dogs, I read a little. Of course, I want to go have a pizza with friends to celebrate, but I am quite happy with how things went!
- I discovered a new passion for Instagram! I am not very good at taking pictures, but wow this is fun! I created my account years ago but never really put any effort into it. Until now! I’ve got bits and bobs to try and take pretty pictures, and I have fun looking at what others do. Of course, it means more time on a screen, but it’s FUN! You can check my account here!
- Talking about books, Insta, and my bedroom/office… I created a beauty I am so proud of! (I know, you’ve already seen it, but I can’t get enough of it!)
- FALL IS HERE! Finally! The days are getting colder, and I can’t walk the dogs without getting drenched. What’s not to love?
- I can’t stop listening to this song
- READING! I read a book yesterday. A full book. No stopping for work, chores, or whatever. Uninterrupted reading time!
- Smashing Whatsapp records is really fun.
- Getting parcels ❤️ I am treating myself a little, some little things, some quite big, and it’s nice to feel no guilty about it.
- Forever walking. Walking and running keep me sane. Now that the weather is nicer (to me) I can finally go back to enjoying longer time outside.
- Furry love!
- Being interviewed as a Publishing Professional. I still can’t believe it. When I received the message with the opportunity to chat about my path and my days in Publishing, I froze. Me? A Publishing Professional? You’ve got the wrong person… Then I realized I actually was. It may be still quite new, it happened, and I need to stop feeling like a fraud! Look out for the next Publishing Post issue! I’m humbled and excited!
- A new perfect mug from work!
That’s it for now. I hope you are safe, and enjoying the little moments. Thank you for your support. Stay kind and be awesome!