Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
I am back! I have missed my darling blog, and you guys! Here’s a list of what has made me happy recently…
- The perfect amount of jam on a slice of cake. This should be taught. It is SO HARD to get the right balance between the fruit and the cake. When you manage it, it’s heaven, especially in the morning!
- General dog cuteness and love. See for yourself! I love those moments. Naps with Iris, trying to get Yûki to stay with me one more minute to steal a picture, finding Iris staring at me from under the desk, or doing whatever she’s doing on tables!
- Silly chats and long and serious conversations. With 9/11 right here, I felt the need to talk about it, and I am lucky to have amazing friends to share my thoughts with.
- Doors opening and closing. I am still growing, and I hope it never stops. Riding all the ups and downs of life is a challenge, but I like the woman I am becoming with each bump.
- Book mail! No pictures because the priority goes to Instagram, haha!
- My first participation in a panel. I was able to ask Justine John a few questions during an event organised by Honey & Stag. It’ll soon be available to watch. It was great fun, and Kelly and Jacky were absolute sweets. I never imagined I’d have so much fun doing this!
- My jobs. Thankful every day that I get to do what I love. I still pinch myself. It still hurts!
- I finished my first reading journal of the year! (I knew it was coming so I got a second, phew!)
- The WordPress team apparently fixed my blog, but I have lost the latest three reviews I wrote, so it’s time to work on it and make Chocolate’n’Waffles pretty!
- Running still feels so good, and I am back using my Fitbit for it and for my daily steps (Kelly is going to kill me with all those steps!)
That’s it for me this week! I hope you are safe and smiling.
Keep the positivity up!