Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- Running, my love, we are reunited! As I’m back on the first week of the couch to 5K challenge, I took the dogs with me and we had a perfect time. No thoughts of work, worries, whatever. It was just me, the babes, the music, and the ground under my feet.
- Being finally able to start sending little somethings to friends makes me the happiest. Then they receive it and I cry. I can’t wait for the second wave soon…
- If you follow me on social media, there’s no way you were able to miss I’ve changed my Kindle case 😂 I am in love, and I discovered some of my favorite people have the same one! It has a special meaning, it’s a beautiful tree of life, and the colors make me feel happy and calm. We need more colors in our life.
- I haven’t bit my nails or the skin around them in over a week! It hasn’t happened in.. Never. It had never happened before.
- I was complimented on my eyebrows. I am serious 😂 I guess when you walk around with a mask on your face and giant glasses, people only have two options; your eyebrows or your forehead, and my forehead is pretty boring so…
- Listening to Maybe You Should Talk To Someone by Lori Gottlieb helps me be more thankful about what I have instead of wallowing about what I don’t have. Hearing about some stories, I am reminded things can always be worse. I could think everyone is an idiot, like John does! It’s very therapeutic and both a hilarious and heart-breaking book.
- I confided in someone about something that really scarred me, and a weight was lifted off my chest. I am still learning to stand on my own two feet, but it felt so good to have someone say what they really think of me and what I do. Then I broke my Internet connection by sending too much love through Whatsapp 😂
That’s it for this week! Take care, enjoy the little moments, and share the love!