Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- Yûki turned 9 last Saturday! We took our masks and the car, and we drove to the closest pet shop! New leashes, new toys, a new ‘clever toy’ that both dogs have already mastered… Yep, we spoiled them! And I use the plural because on their birthday, both dogs get the same birthday party and presents!
- I fell in love with a nail polish. Well, I like the brand, they’re animal-cruelty free, etc, but that color… It is me! I need it! I am so adding it to my birthday wish list! And it’s called “happy”! I mean, what else do you need???????
- I get so immersed in work that my anxiety can’t get the better of me.
- The Jo Spain said she loved me. Period. 😂
- I got to take my first tea out at the terrace of a café in my favorite part of Bordeaux. Baby steps, I only took the mask off for the pic (and to drink!) but gosh it felt good. The weather was perfect, not too cold, not too hot, and I was just in the moment. It’s difficult to relax again when being outside, so big victory! (friends couldn’t get close to be in the pic! 😦 Next time!)
- I was given the go-ahead to restart the couch to 5K challenge! Part of me is disappointed I had to stop at week 7 because of the virus and my lungs on fire, but hey, I did it once, I can do it again, and enjoy it even more! So next Monday, I’m back at the beginning, with my beloved sneakers.
- Spotted a new book box in Bordeaux! People even added hats because the weather is hitting hard on the head!
- I haven’t had time to read a lot but I’ve been engrossed in a novel and each chapter has been wow! I can’t get enough of that feeling!
- Old movies!
- Not a lot of blogging has been going on, but I’m still adjusting to everything that’s happening and… It is okay. It’s nice to be at peace with your choices 😊
That’s it for this week! Take care, enjoy the little moments, and share the love!