Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- I can’t run at the moment, but I love listening to my running playlist on Spotify.
- This week I got the chance to make my mother happy by organizing us a little 800km trip to see my grandmother in her nursing home and attend my uncle’s small wedding ceremony. The smile on her face when she realized she was going is forever seared in my mind.
- Dog love, again and forever.
- For the very first time, I feel I have found my place in the Publishing business, not just the bookish community. A small but priceless place. I’ve never felt so excited to ‘go to work’ every day. I learn, I laugh, I give and I receive. I am one lucky girl.
- I went live! If you watched Noir at the Bar Edinburgh last night, you may have spotted me at the end… I was terrible 🤣 but I can’t thank Jacky and Kelly enough for letting me part of their amazing events. And I had so much fun today is hangover day!
- More pastries! Apricot pie is yummy!
- On a much less healthy note, Burger King reopened and I couldn’t resist…
- Caught up with a darling friend and had the most fun. Thanks Zoom for keeping us all in touch!!!
- I have a new passion: hoovering. Don’t ask.
- Yûki’s birthday is tomorrow and I can’t wait for her to get her presents!
- Thanks to social media, events, and other virtual goodies (WhatsApp, my love), I haven’t felt lonely once this week. I am not taking this for granted and cherish every moment.
That’s it for this week! Take care, enjoy the little moments, and share the love!