Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- Getting the shower fixed! For WEEKS I was forced to hold the shower holder (thanks Jonetta for the right word!) but now, I can take hand-free showers again! Much better for the choreography going with my karaoke!
- The babies were reunited with the dog-groomer! FINALLY!
- Whenever I feel low or in pain, I am lucky to just have to close my eyes and I’m back with my friends. I’m grateful for my closest friends, my blogging friends, and everyone who walks near me, online or in real life.
- This lockdown made me realize I had been sliding on thin ice with my reviews. What I didn’t like wasn’t clear, and reading myself again, I discovered it was hard to tell if it was a 3 / 3,5 / 4 / 4,5 read so I’ve shaken things a bit. Reviews are not meant to be pleasant, they’re meant to be honest. I’m back on track! (doesn’t mean I don’t mean what I said in my recent reviews!)
- PIZZA night!
- I have been given some translating work, yay!
- I’ve been sent e-copies of some wonderful new novels. My Kindle is enjoying the love it’s getting!
- Pink day for pink ladies! With the high temperatures we are now getting, walks have become difficult, but we’re powering through until fall arrives!
- Treating myself to more sweet things. Not too often, but enough so that it brings a smile to my face and butterflies in my stomach!
That’s it for this week! Take care, enjoy the little moments, and share the love!