Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- I declared the Birkenstock season open! I have had this pair for two years now and can’t imagine a summer without them. My feet are comfy and happy. HAPPY FEET!
- Last night, Noir at the Bar Edinburgh happened and for the second time, I was the chat moderator. I feel blessed to have been given this role and to be able to work alongside Jacky Collins and Kelly Lacey (Honey and Stag!) I miss bookish events so this is my way of being out there with everyone and have a good time. I can’t express how important it is for me, and how much of a blast it is ❤️ If you missed the event, go to Noir at the Bar’s FB page and watch! (there’s a surprise author making an appearance!)
- I received an email saying the Brow Bar Benefit was reopening!!!! 🤣 I swear I need it. I thought the result of the lockdown would be worse, but still, I want less hair on my face!
- Yûki deigned to stay close to me SEVERAL TIMES as I worked. I often see pictures of people with their babies near them and I’m jealous. Yûki prefers to guard the house near the door or keep tabs on the neighbors from the terrace… But it happened! And I have proof!!!
- I obtained my Runner badge from the Couchto5K app! I finished Week 7 and was rewarded for the sweat and general awesomeness 😂 I can now run 25 minutes without taking a break. And enjoy it, which is the most important thing! I still have to work, though, as I tend to contract my shoulders while running, causing pain, and I haven’t entirely mastered the breathing part! But 25 FREAKING MINUTES!
- I was approved on NG for one of my most anticipated books!!!! It never ever gets old. NEVER. Like, never. Never.
- I’m in love with bananas. They’ve become my favorite snack. And every time I pick one, I have David Tennant’s voice in my head saying ‘One banana a day keeps the doctor away’ Viva Banana
- Taking a nap on the terrace lulled by the sound of birds chirping.
- Doggies being doggies. Just looking at them makes me happy. So I’m sharing to make you happy too. Here, they were waiting for me as I took the mail out of the box. Last week before grooming session!!! Bye bye long furry coat!
- More doggie pictures! That’s Yûki 3 seconds after I put my mat on the floor… Still, we managed to get some fitness done before the heat reached the terrace.
- Managed to find some new lovely bushes and flowers. I miss the countryside.
- Last but not least, as she made it official, I am glad to share the news I am giving a hand to the talented blog tour organizer Kelly Lacey at LoveBooksGroup! I am honored, happy, and having the best of times! If you want to take part in any of the tours, don’t hesitate to send a DM on Twitter or Instagram!
That’s it for this week! Take care, enjoy the little moments, and share the love!