I am posting on a Friday!!! Finally! 😂
Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- I’ve admitted defeat and life is much more stress-free now. I will not stop using NetGalley, and I will take my time working through the backlog, with love and gratitude, and most importantly, without guilt! Writing it really helps! I’ve learned my mistake (or not) and want to enjoy the books without feeling I need to stop everything in my life to catch up as quick as possible! I AM FREE!
- Baby dogs moments. I’ve been gifted with so many cuddles this week. Cuddles, kisses, and stolen minutes when Yûki finally agrees to stay with me on the bed while I’m working! Believe me, it’s a miracle! She can spend hours with my mom, but unless she wants something, she never stays on the bed with me! (My fault, as I taught her as a puppy that the bed was MINE. Now I just want her to sleep next to me!!!!)
- I have been fighting the nap demon that strikes at stupid hours, like 5pm, and I AM WINNING! Usually it requires a weapon, like the Hoover, and very loud music…
- I think I’m falling in love with the English language all over again. I’ve resuming my picking sentences and words from books, learning, looking for more vocab, etc, and it feels so good. I’ll always be a language nerd, and I love it! My idiom of the week comes from Michelle Obama in her documentary on Netflix “I was a little salty about it!” I had a feeling she wasn’t talking about salt, haha! Weirdly, a day later, my English teacher discussed this exact same sentence in a very different context. Happy nerd is happy.
- I sent feedback on a book as a beta reader and realized I had missed this part of the job so much. I did a happy dance when the author reassured me I had not missed the point but had helped! RELIEF!
- Lockdown is over here, but I am still limiting my outings. Still, I went out to exchange my fitness shoes and I was in luck! I grabbed the last pair of size 40! (I have no idea why I need a size 40 but my feet are happier now) Also, I won’t thank Grey’s Anatomy for making me believe people look good in masks… NOT TRUE!
- I love my reading armchair… even when Iris steals it and we have to share…
- I have gained weight!!! I couldn’t be more excited to have reached 46 kg! Thank you, junk food, éclairs, and second helpings!
Stay safe, do what makes you happy and what relaxes you. Love, laugh, be kind to yourself, and share the positivity ❤️