Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- Two brownies baked and eaten, courtesy of Claire’s recipe!
- Back in London, I fell in love with a painting, and the owner has offered to have it sent it to France for free if I still want it. It’s adorable. The painting means a lot to me. I have never been sensible to art, but this piece talks to my heart. I hope I will be able to gather the money and get it!
- Family portrait! I never manage to take pictures of me with Yûki and Iris because 1) they move too much 2) they hate the camera 3) they hate my paparazzi mode. But I did it!!! Look how cute we are!!! Okay, Yûki is not impressed and Iris clearly wonders what’s wrong with me, but hey, I’m smiling, haha!
- I saw a cute snail and didn’t kill it with my big feet… Let me explain. Most evening when I walk the dogs, I see snails all around, and some parts of the path don’t have much light so… When a crunch is heard, it’s usually that I’ve murdered a snail. But not that night! It was safe on the stem and surely got back to his family!
- Week 3 of the Couch to 5K over! I have no idea how it’s happened. I enjoy it. Really. What happened to me??????? I have become a monster!!!!!!
- While my books are still held hostage by the post office, I received the remaining of my running gear. More clothes to sweat in!
- THREE DAYS WITHOUT BITING MY NAILS!!!!
- Dogs walks in the heat without fainting or swearing, whop whop! And my sunglasses manage to hide the awful eyebrow situation! 😂
- My name is in a book! A book that is breaking my heart at the moment, but still! The right spelling, and an awesome character. I love it! Growing up, I was the only Meggy I knew! 🤣 (ps: the book is The Day We Meet Again by Miranda Dickinson, who is adorable!!!)
Stay safe, do what makes you happy and what relaxes you. Love, laugh, be kind to yourself, and share the positivity ❤️