Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- The rain has come! Okay, it’s still super hot outside, but hey, watching it fall is so soothing.
- I reached the end of the second week of the Couch to 5K challenge earlier today!!!
- Talking about my running… I moved from my tiny corridor to our underground parking lot… and realized the corridor training hadn’t entirely been successful!!! Gosh I am exhausted now that I can actually jog in a wider space.
- Still on the running… I went a bit crazy and treated myself to a special running gear! Never thought I’d be so happy to get sportswear items 😂
- I had a good talk with my body. My stomach had been bothering me after breakfast, so I changed what I ate and Bam, magic, I feel better! Now I have to walk to the bakery every morning to get a baguette, yummy!
- A shower of books! I’ve been blessed with lots of lovely things to read and nothing beats it! But I REALLY have to stop buying books as if my life depends on it. …. Who am I fooling?
- Flowers! I don’t spend more than an hour per day outside, so I grab every opportunity to look at lovely flowers and fabulous colors.
- We received news from my gran’s nursing home and my wonderful granny was tested negative to the virus. There is currently sixteen cases where she lives so we’re taking things one day at a time, but it’s a relief for now.
- I listened to CDs… Like old times! I put the sound on and danced like Callie in Grey’s. As much as I like my giant laptop music library, there’s something special in putting a CD in a hi-fi system!
- Feet massages. I have no idea what I’m doing but my feet are enjoying it.
- Fewer naps! I’m still exhausted, but I’m trying not to mess up my sleeping pattern more than it already is…
- Chatting with my #CrimeCrew ❤️
Stay safe, do what makes you happy and what relaxes you. Love, laugh, be kind to yourself, and share the positivity ❤️