With two posts scheduled for the next two days, I decided to bring forward the positivity because hey, why not?
Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- I am so grateful for the shutters! The temperatures are high in Bordeaux and I can’t bear the heat so I shut everything and stay in the dark!
- I’ve been feeling better and decided to give the Couch to 5K a try… Might not have been the best idea when recovering, but it feels really good to move. My body slowly feels mine again. I am not going out for the challenge. Instead, I’m training in the corridor of my first floor apartment 😂 My neighbors think I’m crazy. It’s small, but it’s safe – I don’t touch anything, stay away when people are around, and just do my thing.
- My first Zoom book launch! I was so excited!!! It will never be the same as when you actually visit a place and meet the author, but it was fun, friendly, and gosh it felt so good to see faces!!!!
- Books, books, books. I may not be able to visit shops but I’ve been feeding my TBR and I regret nothing!!!!
- Playing dressing up with the dogs. They usually don’t let me take pictures but I managed to catch Yûki! I don’t know what’s most fun, catching the dogs, putting the costumes on them, or seeing them fight to get out of them…
- Weird post-running and pre-dog walk selfie of the week!!!!
- My last decaf tea tag was loved. Truly.
- I’m staying sane thanks to my friends’ messages, and you guys! Thankful so HERE IS A BIG HUG FOR YOU!!!!
- I am being a rebel. We have a 9pm curfew because idiots have been gathering to drink and smoke… But my dogs need their 10pm walk or they cry in the middle of the night to pee so my PJs and I try to be inconspicuous for ten minutes every night. I feel like a criminal *evil laugh*
- There’s a print of my butt on my reading armchair! GOAL ACHIEVED!
- Even if I often say I’m a huge Taylor Swift fan, I’d missed her last two albums. Now I’m in love again! Reputation is perfect for my running, and Lover is just so good! The bad singer in me is sooo happyyy haters can haaate I don’t caaaaareeeeeee!
Stay safe, do what makes you happy and what relaxes you. Love, laugh, be kind to yourself, and share the positivity ❤️