Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- On Monday, I was overwhelmed with love for my fellow bloggers. The day before, I’d had a chat with Amelia Henley, whose book cover reveal was to be the next day, but with everything happening, she hadn’t had the time or the heart to prepare something. I love Amelia (also known as Louise Jensen) so I couldn’t let one of her big days go by without doing anything. Around midnight, I hit Twitter and sent a few DMs. When I woke up, I teared up. Everyone showed up. Talk about short notice, and yet, you guys made this cover reveal big and I can’t thank you enough! Thank you to you, who replied to me, posted, twitted, and linked. Thank you all for retweeting and sharing. Whatever happens, we bloggers are always ready!
- I started cooking more than just pasta and croque-monsieur! It was about time!
- I get to nod off in front of the TV and let it on so the voices soothe me. I’m addicted to a true crime channel and found it sometimes is the only thing that helps me sleep.
- Despite reading way more slowly than usual, I’m very lucky to have great books to dive into. I just finished Fifty-Fifty by Steve Cavanagh and it’s brilliant!!!
- Kind messages and lots of hugs when I said I wasn’t feeling well. When isolated, getting those little tweets means a lot.
- Making the most of my allowed time out wearing my first spring dress… to go grocery shopping 😂 (this was before the flu thing struck!)
- Naps with babies!
- I treated myself to some French yummies and fell madly in love with them, especially the raspberry and pistachio tart!
- Despite swearing I’d steer clear of NetGalley, I found myself requesting a few books and was approved. Jumps of happiness and then a frenetic reading planning followed, haha!