Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
You may have noticed my absence around here. There’s nothing positive about it so I won’t waste our time with explanations, but many things are changing, leaving me with the hardest time to find some good in my days. Still, I think I’ll go crazy and depressed if I don’t try…
- I reached out to friends and they stood by me, and still do. Take that Brexit, miles, bad phone signal. Nothing can stand in the way of friendship.
- Had the lovely surprise to find almond croissants at Pret à Manger, and it wasn’t half as bad as I thought!
- Nicki made me smile and warmed my little sensitive heart. Thank you for checking on me.
- My Kindle is now making a fuss at airports and I get to do the whole scanning thing like in the real life show about Customs. I know most people would be annoyed by this, but I just love it (and security is a must!)
- My landlady suggested I try watching Line of Duty, and I really enjoy it. Cops are the good guys, right???
- I baked lemon cookies and they’re not too bad. Well, I’m not a cookies master, for sure, but they’re edible.
- I’m still surviving without an iPhone, although the old shit pretending to be my phone gets plenty of insults!!!
- Being reunited with one’s physical TBR is amazing. I get so much comfort just looking at all the titles ready to help me face the day.
What’s made YOU happy this week?
Join the Positivity Wave club and share your good moments! Drop your link below!
Check out all the lovely wave surfers’ posts!