Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- Went to my local library! I now have a lovely card, and a new space to go and work when I want to review outside of the house. I really like the place, it’s an old building where you can find the library and a sports center (with a swimming pool!)
- Following the previous point… I joined a sports center! I have been thinking about exercising and getting back in shape. I don’t know how I’ll feel about swimming, the classes, or the general atmosphere so for now it’s a pay-as-you-go membership, but I’m ready to give it a try! (There’s a Pilate class tonight but I have nothing to wear xD)
- I met the lovely Sabah Khan this week! If you don’t know who she is, she’s head of publicity at Avon. Super sweet, and she didn’t mind my staring in a ‘wait, that’s Sabah? No? Yes? Maybe?’ way haha. I did threaten to kidnap her and throw her in a basement, though…
- I met fellow bloggers to attend Libby Page’s event at Waterstones Piccadilly! We had a fun time and it was great to see familiar faces!
- One more review and I’ll have caught up with the backlog! I wrote three this morning, so the remaining one will wait tomorrow (when I will have another one to write too… It never stops!)
- I felt a little nostalgic when walking past Honest Burgers so… I went in and ate on my own. You know what? It’s nice. You don’t have to have company to spend a good time. I had my book, a nice team who joked a lot, and yummy food. Oh, and thoughts of my dear Inge with me ❤️
- BOOK SPOTTING! Gosh I love it as much as I love the face of regular readers staring at me while I take selfies with books…
What’s made YOU happy this week?
Join the Positivity Wave club and share your good moments! Drop your link below!
Check out all the lovely wave surfers’ posts!