Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- The amazingness that is watching a TV show when it airs with the rest of the UK… David Tennant on my screen… and lots of commercials 😂 But that face is worth it!!!!
- Looking for temp jobs until I make it into publishing is a challenge, but I went through interviews, learned a lot, and discovered new parts of London, so positivity!
- Tuesday night was absolutely brilliant! I went to Waterstones Piccadilly to listen to top authors Harriet Tyce, Lucie Whitehouse, and Louise Candlish! The cosy atmosphere and the relaxed conversation were pure delight. I couldn’t resist getting books signed, obviously! And I think I might be too loud on Twitter, that the only explanation to those amazing women recognizing me haha! This was my first bookish event of the year, and I was just happy to be able to jump into the Tube and get there. Plus, I was reunited with lovely bloggers.
- Naps. Lots of naps to get rid of a bug!
- My hair is loving the London water or my shampoo, or both! It’s looking healthy and nice! Except when I get caught in the rain, obviously.
- I broke an umbrella and burst out laughing in the middle of the street. It’s the small things… I was surprised by the wind and happy it had got the umbrella, and not swept me away in the Thames!
- I OPENED A UK BANK ACCOUNT! It’s the big deal! I have been waiting for weeks now! WEEKS!!!! I have numbers, I have a pin code, my card is on the way, and beautiful papers with my name on it confirm I’m here! I WON! Meggy 1 Red Tape 0!!!!!!
- Beautiful book mail.
- I visited Chiswick and spent a lovely time there. I love taking the bus and watching streets pass by until I’m left in a new borough.
- I bought my own cake tin! It’s great, it’s handy, it’s mine!!! (yes, I’ve stabbed the cake again)
- I moved things around my room, and it’s looking more and more like me. I am lucky my friend Amanda has gifted me with the most fabulous crafted presents to put all around the place.
What’s made YOU happy this week?
Join the Positivity Wave club and share your good moments! Drop your link below!
Check out all the lovely wave surfers’ posts!