Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
An unplanned French week!
- Before leaving for Bordeaux, I was invited to a lovely Christmassy book launch! I will never get tired of being able to attend whatever even I want to!
- GETTING MY BRITISH PHONE NUMBER!!!! 🤣 I think the last time I was so happy about a phone was the firs time I got one!
- The convenient store near my mom’s apartment has hung local kids’ drawings and it is lovely to see (lovelier than the usual lack of respect, fights, guys peeing on the sidewalk…!)
- I have eaten a baguette every day!
- Choosing books to bring back home (to London) with me!
- Knowing my landlady has been enjoying the cake I left home!
- Being reunited with Yûki and Iris!
- A fushia selfie! We’ve been having so much rain and big storms here that I had to wear it every day. It’s not cold, though.
- The realisation I call my room in London ‘home’ and that my former bedroom in Bordeaux is no longer mine.
What’s made YOU happy this week?
Join the Positivity Wave club and share your good moments! Drop your link below!
Check out all the lovely wave surfers’ posts!