Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
This week is special for so many reasons. Big steps, big doubts, big moments of mixed feelings but… Positivity does help!
- Of course, my first item has to be my move to London. I have an address. A place to call mine. In a country I’ve dreamed to live in for the last eight years. How is it possible? Here’s the view from my bedroom!
- Friends. The wave of support I have been receiving has helped me overcome the bad hours, the doubts, the ‘I want to go home, I can’t do this.’ You all have been ace. No, I’m not tearing up while writing this. Nope. Not at all.
- Book event!!! Oh Lord, being able to attend events as if it was just another evening is brilliant! And I was lucky to spend my first London night with some of the best bookish people.
- Ate my first mince pie!!!! It’s weird, but good. But weird.
- Weirder! Got to taste a Pig in a Blanket! (see food pic below!) It is freaking good!!!!
- Meeting my bestie Abbie. We met online around four years ago, and yesterday, we finally hugged each other for real. I smile when I think of how natural it felt to chat and hang out. As if we’d always done it. I’m a lucky gal. (and her sister is adorable, fun, and dead beautiful)
- Ordered food online. I HATE grocery shopping. Now I don’t have to do it!!! It’s convenient and you can sing along as you pick stuff online, haha!
- The Tube. I love public transports. Even when everything is delayed and you have to find you way without a GPS! Also, it’s good for the planet. Here’s a taste of the craziness people had to endure last night when many trains were delayed or cancelled! I enjoyed it safely from the first floor xD
- I ate at a restaurant. A proper restaurant, with people, in central London. And I managed the anxiety… And got a real good meal!!!!!
- Books. BOOKS. Like books everywhere! In English! I’m in heaven.
- Found my new favourite cookies!!!
- Topping up my Oyster card made me smile like an idiot. Another detail that whispers ‘You’re a Londonder’ 🙂
- My friends’ patience… My poor Luke has to listen to me complain and ask a million technical questions!
I’ve probably forgotten things, but this week has been full so…
What’s made YOU happy this week?
Join the Positivity Wave club and share your good moments! Drop your link below!
Check out all the lovely wave surfers’ posts!