Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
I’ve missed my own weekly wave, I know! Stuff happened and I couldn’t find any positivity, so I preferred silence. But I am back!
- I turned 29 without a fuss. I’m not a fan of birthdays but I did feel the love.
- My kind of weather is finally here!
- Good health news ❤️
- International phone calls. Love you, shut up. Nothing like a friendly voice to calm your nerves, make you feel better, and send all the love.
- How could I write this positivity vibe without mentioning Capital Crime? I’m still writing my big fat blog post about it so I won’t discuss the festival itself, but let me tell you, I’ve drank happiness for four days (happiness, not beer!)
Now that I’ve said this, let me share the personal side of this trip!
- Watching the day awaken
- Laughing at the Muggles pretending to be wizards! I spent so much time in the shop, and yes, I made a Christmas list!!!
- London. Recently, my hours outside had dwindled, my anxiety had peaked, and I was only the shadow of the amazing woman I am 😉 Yet, I set foot in London and it all disappeared. I was happy. I was at peace. I enjoyed each moment. I took in every building. I don’t idolize the place, I know its dirty corners, but it really feels like home.
- Playing hide and seek around Pret a Manger! This is forever one of my favorite moments of this trip! Try meeting someone in a place that has more than one Pret… Get ready to spend ten minutes on the phone trying to figure out what the hell the other is doing! You know who you are, partner in crime and games! Ps: I FOUND THE PETIT PRET!!!!!!!!!! 🤣
- Taking control of my anxiety by accepting to lose control.
- TOILETS PICTURES!!!!
- The rain and cold. Getting soaked through and through because cars are rushing and you’re too close to the road… A real Carrie moment! Except it was a Prius, not a bus!
- Online friendships getting on another level. I have been blessed with a million fantastic meetings, reunions, etc during my trip, but Ronnie, Danielle, Zoé, and Inge have made it exceptional. I will cherish all those laughs, little moments, smiles, and talks forever (I mean it!) and I am proud to call you my friends. Special mention to the devil sisters Jen and Mandie for always, always making me laugh!
- Being told my English is more American than English :p
- Inge. My heart is full of gratitude and love. Not just because we found the best burgers in town!
- Sleeping like a baby! Wish I could have stolen a pillow!!!!
- Bloggers selfie!!!!
- Meeting women who inspire me.
- Commuting! Yes, I know, I’m weird!!! But look what’s in store when you walk to the Tube!
- Self-care 😂
- Massive fangirling in general and for a thousand reasons!
- Screaming when seeing Emily Mortimer on TV!!! I miss The Newsroom so much!
- Books. Talking about them more than reading them, but hey, it counts!
- Fighting with a shower curtain and winniiiiiiiiiing.
- My babies being the cutest! How am I expected to get out of bed in the morning?
- A friend’s gift that I can’t get enough of. I’d be going mad without my dear Amanda’s fantastic birthday present. You saved me! And look, she personalized the boxes! Isn’t she the best?
- Picking new yarn to try new things! Can’t wait for my delivery now.
- Me-time just thinking, singing, or just watching what’s around me. I love the quiet, especially after busy days. Then I want more busy days, haha!
What’s made YOU happy this week?
Join the Positivity Wave club and share your good moments! Drop your link below!
Check out all the lovely wave surfers’ posts!