Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- Having a books bodyguard. Yûki now sleeps near the bookcases every night. What a cutie.
- As part of my anti-agoraphobia/anxiety program, I have a list of statement to repeat like mantras, and this week I decided to change them a little, and put them on the wall. I’ve been feeling quite anxious because of Brexit and a million other things, so it’s time for a new dose of positive affirmations to help.
- Getting the dogs groomed! They are so happy without the fur!!! (Iris on the left, Yûki on the right!)
- Watching The Incredibles for the hundredth time.
- Winning a book!
- Choosing my outfit according to the dogs 🤣 Team Grey/Black/Pink with Yûki watching loosely towards the camera!
- The biggest thing that happened this week is … me knitting! I received my yarn and needles last Friday, and began right away. One week in and I’m addicted. I don’t know much yet but I am happy to know my hands can do more than apply nail polish and type on a keyboard! Also, it’s super satisfying to create something and see it appear in front of your eyes. My darling Kate @TheQuietKnitterer is the best to help me untangle the knots of my new hobby! (Expect weekly knitting pics. Maybe lots of them…)
- Getting a basket for my knitting stuff!!
- Rocking my jean button-down!
- Drinking LOADS of fruit juice. I’m gonna turn into a fruit, I think.
- Finding a heart-shaped potato… Makes cooking better!
- My Whatsapp daily bubbles. I’m thankful for the messages that brighten my day ❤️
What’s made YOU happy this week?
Join the Positivity Wave club and share your good moments! Drop your link below!
Check out all the lovely wave surfers’ posts!