Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
I’ve decided to cut my blogging break short, but I won’t be back on social media just yet… So what happened that made me happy when I was gone?
- I received the best compliment about a review I wrote in French from the editor of a wonderful author I love. It’s always been harder for me to write in my native language, so getting such a warm email from someone so talented made me really happy and a bit proud!
- Night walks
- Getting bad news, giving myself a little time to digest them, and then move on. I started making new plans a few hours after a massive bomb that wrecked what I had in mind for the rest of the year. But here I am. I am (mostly) healthy, I have my babies, amazing friends. I adjust and start again.
- Binge-watching The Handmaid’s Tale. I usually prefer to read the book first, but I wanted a break from reading (yes, I know, it happens!) so I picked the show and really enjoyed it. As much as you can enjoy something so dark and twisted!
- Shameless selfies #loveyourself
- Tweaking the blog’s design just because!
- Quiet moments. I hadn’t realized how loud it was on the Internet. Not checking my phone every five minutes, not forever scrolling Twitter, gave me space to enjoy my own company, my own life, and to breathe.
- Chatting with my friends. Despite the distance, I have the best human beings a message away. It changes everything. From a “Hello” to some puke talks, we go through it all.
- Trying new hobbies! Thanks to my darling Kate at The Quiet Knitter, I’m gonna try and use my hands…
- The calendar telling me summer is almost over…
- Reading for reading. No review, no deadline, no blog post. Just me and a book.
What’s made YOU happy this week?
Join the Positivity Wave club and share your good moments!
Check out all the lovely wave surfers’ posts!