Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
- Pink flowers.
- Book mail. I am still surprised every time I get a package, even after more than three years… I don’t ever want to take book mail for granted!
- Wearing the first summer dress of the year.
- The smell of coffee in the morning. I don’t drink coffee, but there’s something comforting in walking up into a room filled with the smell of morning.
- My weekly selfie! Yûki decided to help.
- Making it through the week one hour at a time.
- Every tweet, comment, and message I received this week. Okay, technically, I could write this every week, but missing on two events I was invited to made me feel kinda lonely, so it’s a blessing to have all of you to chat with, even if we’re miles apart.
- Annoying the lovely Johana Gustawsson with silly messages, videos, etc… to promote her next book! And getting to know someone new who bought her previous two! I love when it happens. It’s a good addiction, right???
- Naps! I don’t know about you, but I can’t do without them!!!
- Silence. I am rediscovering the power of being alone in a room, with the sounds of life around me, while I read, daydream, or think. Being able to spend time with oneself is very important (even if it can be scary when your mind is on overdrive!)
- Not squashing any snails during my walks after the rain 🤣 I don’t know how I do it, but you can be sure that if there’s a snail on the sidewalk, my shoe is gonna find it!!!
What’s made YOU happy this week?
Join the Positivity Wave club and share your good moments!