Another Friday is here! Time to reflect on the past week!
Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
What has made me happy this week?
Beware, this post contains lots of bookish happiness!
- Waking up to a blue sky.
- Finishing my translating job. I’m quite proud of it!
- Not giving up despite everything going wrong.
- Seeing one of my reviews working well for the book and the author. There is no better reward than someone reading a book you recommended. I LOVE BEING A BOOK BLOGGER!
- Talking about this… Seeing the same recommendation being reviewed and the book praised by two bloggers I admire and have been following since I launched Chocolate’n’Waffles. Thank you so much, Cleo and Lorraine! I am so used to reading reviews and buying the books that I forget the other way around works too… Your shout-outs made my week 🥰
- Cooking. I made a really nice pizza (and forgot to take a pic because I was ravenous 🤣)
- People ready to help.
- Going for small walks. Baby steps, but steps nonetheless!
- The trust of wonderful people and new bookish projects to keep my professional side occupied and at the top of its game.
- Bookshelves cleaning!
- The smell of my night cream and going through the evening routine I created.
- Reading amazing books.
- Being invited to read books on NG instead of requesting them. It makes all the difference! I don’t get the guilt! 🤣
- A Friday Shelfie! Go shelf confidence! 😂