I can’t believe that today the eighth positivity post is getting published! I definitely feel the joy every week when I write this article, and even every day, when I take pictures of what brings a smile to my face. I can only hope you enjoy this Friday break from all the stress and negativity as much as I do!
Welcome to today’s Happy Friday! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
What made me happy this week?
- Pushing myself and succeeding to read and review a book within 24 hours for a blog tour (I received the book the day before the review was due 😱) I’m too old, though. I need three days to recover!
- My weekly selfie because I received puzzled looks when I took it and couldn’t stop laughing. And it’s a no filter one!! (Okay, I’ll never get used to seeing my face taking a huge part of the screen!)
- Taking a long bath with false candles because BEWARE THE FIRE and music.
- Taking a moment during a walk to sit on the ground with the dogs to enjoy the present (Doesn’t Iris make the perfect model for a reflective-pose picture??)
- Eating cashews. Everyone always thinks of peanuts but few people remember the power of cashews!!!
- Taking my favorite pants out of the closet! From spring to fall, I wear this kind of pants to avoid the sun on my legs when I’m out, to travel because they’re handy and don’t take place, to stay home cos they’re comfy… In a nutshell, I wear them all the time!!! (and yes, I take most pics outside, where people wonder if I escaped the asylum!
- Managing to style my hair without running to my hairdresser because I suck at styling and my hair never agrees with me!
- Playing Scrabbles.
- Cuddling with mugs of tea every day (okay, several times a day…)
- Offering to bring the day’s newspaper to an elderly neighbor who can’t go buy it herself anymore.
- Visiting a flowers and plants store. So beautiful!
- Being quoted by a publisher with a beautiful visual about my favorite book of April!
- Posting my review of Perfect Crime at noon today…