Last night, I was scrolling through Twitter and realised something. Brexit is everywhere, the weather is high on drugs so it’s impossible to dress, and we more often see or read negative things rather than positive and encouraging messages.
So today is Happy Friday on Chocolate’n’Waffles! My remedy against feeling down is to make a list of all the good things in my life. It can be anything. Really, anything. The smallest gesture from a stranger can change your day, if you open your eyes. Now, I am a pessimistic and I need daily reminders to look for the bright side. Maybe you are too, or maybe the state of our world is weighing on you. In any case, here’s your shot at some happy things!
What made me happy this week?
- Turning on the car’s engine at the exact moment the radio launched my current favourite song (Car-aoke!)
- Spending quality time with Yûki. Two hours, a car, freedom, and lots of love
- Getting four hours of sleep straight!
- Completing the first series in Ashtanga yoga during a Mysore-style class (Okay, I did skip a couple of poses but still pretty proud to get into a routine, to start meditating while practicing, and it’s really nice to discover new muscles, haha!)
- Finding the perfect shampoo.
- Getting over my disappointment to miss LBF (thanks, Abbie) and taking one more step towards closing a painful chapter.
- Finding my name in a book’s acknowledgements.
- Getting dressed in my favourite clothes.
- Eating two cannelés.
- Watching Botched.
- Winning at Super Mario 3.
- Taking a bath.
- Books. Obviously!
- Looking at my map of the London tube.
- Taking chances.
- Eating duck!
- Taking some time to just be. Nothing expected. Nothing pressuring me.
- Waking up to see the sun.
- My friends. I can’t add ‘online’ because I’ve met some of you in the flesh! And I don’t feel online friends are different than friends living across the street.
- Doing my nails bright red without looking as if I’ve just murdered someone and ripped their heart out.
See, I already feel better! Life’s too short to focus only on the bad stuff!