After a full year with no break, no stop, no *red card, get your bottom to the bench*, September eventually arrived.
I have given everything I had during the last twelve months, for better or for worse. I have had the most amazing times, and the worst ones. The circle is complete.
I am a new person. Some might say I am an adult, but right now I am in my PJs and listening to Taylor Swift while eating cake, so I disagree.
I have put my studies, others’ needs, work, and a lot of things before my own needs for 365 days. No, I am not complaining, I am happy about most of it! But it’s time for some self-love, self-care, and fun. Sometimes we forget what we do all of these things for. I decided to remind myself of what’s important (and it is okay if most of what I write is about me!)
What I’m going to do this September…
- Celebrate my birthday without cringing and without expecting anything but a nice and cool normal day.
- Stop saying yes to blog tours
- Enjoy my one-day trip to London
- Listen to my anti-agoraphobia program again
- Move house (and lose a few fingers, get crazy, start screaming when things will get messy… The usual consequences of a move)
- Make the most of Bloody Scotland
- Change my glasses
- Resume watching Suits
- Create the flamingo dance!
- Keep fighting mental illnesses with gentleness
- Give Krav Maga a new try
- Blog for fun only
- (this is valid from now until 31th December) Empty my NetGalley queue and the author review requests I have let pending for way too long.
- Wear my Orenda nail polish every day
- Resume my vocabulary-building routine
- Tell myself I am beautiful
- Keep making it happen
- Make appointments for the dogs to be groomed again
- Be awesome
- Be silly with my speaking English practice
- Stop worrying about money
- Give love to my friends
- Reduce social media to one hour per day (watch me fail at this!)
- Stop waiting for approval from people. I know what I have achieved and what I am capable of.
- Keep being kind but not stupid
- Buy new underwear
- Be happy
- Care more about what’s important, throw away the rest!
- Have fun with the self-care challenge from Jenny
- Be thankful for my friends and the support I receive.
That’s it. A wee post to welcome September! I hope you have a great month, filled with books, of course!
I am here should you need a laugh, a shoulder (or at least a venting friend cos I can’t send my shoulder away on its own), or just a chat.
Ps: not sorry for the Suits gifs spam.
Let’s make September a good one!