Yes, 2017 things have happened this year.
Year of Change
I let go of what was burdening me.
I took steps that led me to a brighter path filled with bumps I’m happy to overcome.
You brought me laughter and fun
You brought me help.
You strengthened friendships and offered me new ones.
You have been crazy on every level.
I got my life back on track. Sort of. Can we really say that?
I figured out who I wanted to be.
2018, I don’t want to pressure you, but you’ve got work if you want to top this! But I’ll help you. Here’s what we’re going to do:
- Take care of myself
- Keep in mind that becoming who you want is a constant work in progress
- Make it happen
- Shine on
- Be a good friend
- Have fun
- Run like a kid in the fields with the dogs
- Take a step back
- Be happy
Here is what we are NOT going to do:
- Give up
- Let the nasty voice in my head get the better of me
- Let others ruin our plans
- Go back to being a brunette
- Think back on chapters that were closed in 2017. Goodbye.
- Forget I’m Donna, the awesome goddess who can kick asses!
- Blame myself for being afraid. It’s okay to be, as long as I keep going anyway
- Worry too much about everything (I know we said no pressuring goals, but hey, we can do this! Shut up and trust me!)
Happy Blogiversary Chocolate’n’Waffles! Happy New Year to me! And most importantly: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!
May 2018 be a good one, a peaceful one, a bright one. The one? 🙂