Let’s be honest, we need all the happiness we can find to face the news. Unless you’ve been hibernating in the middle of the Canadian forest, you know dark times are here and we need covers of little joys to keep warm as well as walls of happiness to keep the hope alive and well. So today, let’s do the Happiness Tag! I was not exactly tagged for this one but I stumbled upon in on lovely Beth’s blog. You should go read hers, as well as her unique and fantastic reviews and posts if you haven’t already. That would make you feel better about the world.
There are actual rules to this tag, all you need to do is come up with a list of things that make you happy.
- My morning tea ritual. As soon as I wake up, I take the dogs out for a walk, in my pajamas and only half-awake, but the knowing that a hot cup of tea is awaiting me home when I’m done is so comforting. I get plenty of other cups in the day, but the first is special.
- The thousands of nicknames my oldest friend and myself invent for each other. It has been going on for almost twelve years and we still haven’t run out of ideas. There’s nothing like a sweet name at the start of a message, email or phone call from a person who knows you so well.
- The smell of the fire burning in the wood stove. I love sitting next to it and just look at the flames or read or just think about which socks I’m gonna wear the next day.
- The Skype calls from all over the world. Whenever I hear that ringtone on my phone, I just can’t wait to catch up with friends who live so far away or strangers up for an exchange language time. Skype rhymes with excitement either way.
- Discovering a new favorite song. I easily get obsessed with a song and I play it over and over until someone begs me for a change of tunes. I love finding lyrics that resonate in me at the right time in my life.
- Witnessing kindness. In any form.
- My first dog’s morning cuddle. She knows when I’m awake but will wait until I’m ready for the day to come to me for a few minutes of kisses and cuddles. My second dog’s sighs when she doesn’t want to get up because it’s too early for her.
- Carambars. The first, real and only one. Not the fruit ones. The one that sticks onto your gums and teeth and make you go see the dentist more often than you’d like.
- Quiet days when nothing really happens. You just have time to appreciate all the little things, do what makes you happy, and take the time. I wish we had more of those.
- My mom’s voice. It doesn’t matter what she says, the sound of her just makes me happy. Except when she’s asking for the dishes to be cleaned.
- Finding the perfect foundation for my skin tone. If you’ve been through this, you know what I mean.
- A diabolo violette to drink at the terrace of a café.
- Old friends you don’t need to talk to every day to keep that beautiful connection to.
(links included in the title)
This song was with me when I took my driver’s licence exam, when I graduated. Every step of the way, it reminded me to keep going.
Seriously, can you NOT dance or sing to that one?
There had to be one French song! My favorite group doesn’t have many happy songs but this one is brilliant and has me singing at the top of my lungs every time.
Did you think you would get away without some Taylor?
Because David being a kid and this awesome song kicking ass!
That’s the grandma in me!