The Beat The Backlist Challenge is hosted by Austine @ Novel Knight. Click on the link for rules and guidelines. You’ll also find an exciting Hogwarts House Cup Challenge linked to the main challenge, how fun!
If you’re wondering, I’m PixieGlow in the House Cup challenge. Don’t judge the contender by its stripper name 😂
So basically, we are supposed to read all the books we hoarded and were published before 2017.
My Personal Goal: 50
Books read in January that fit the challenge (with review if available)
- How To Throw Your Life Away, Laurie Elligham / Published April 16th 2016 / 4 stars
- Psycho Analysis, V.R. Stone / Published October 14th 2016 / 3 stars
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue, Maggie Stiefvater / Published October 21st 2014 / 3 and a half stars
- In the Days of the Comet, H.G. Wells / Published in 1901 / 2 comets and a half
It turns out many of my reads for January fit the criteria! February won’t be as good, I can already tell!
My goal: Dabbler – Read 10 out of 30 of the Wired into Sci-Fi Books.
- The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester (review next week!)
From 1900 to our days, one book a month to live or relive some of what sci-fi had to offer through the decades.
I’m going through the decades chronologically, but you can choose not to.
- In the Days of the Comet by H.G. Wells
I won’t write a full review because all I have to say is that despite the fact it was really advanced for the time it was written, I wish the book would have been buried by a comet. Wordy, long and full of a romance I never cared about. Leave the comets to the sky.
Current TBR 112
Are you taking part in the challenge? What’s your
stripper username? How many books from your TBR have you read?