Friday, August 5th: If you could choose 3 magical items from any Harry Potter book, which would you choose and why? Explain what you would do with them and how you would use them to your advantage.
Before we jump to today’s question, I wanted to warn you that I haven’t read The Cursed Child, so whoever throws even the slightest bit of spoiler my way will be punished in the most terrible way (Yes, the audio book of 50 Shades of Grey was invented for you! So, behave!)
Now that my little Umbrage moment is gone, let’s open the treasure chest!
Item n°1 : A Time Turner
How can this little magic object can NOT be on your list?? We, book bloggers, need all the time we can spare to tackle our endless TBRs. I know I would love it if I could have an hour on the couch to finish a book and then get the same hour on the bed to write my review. I am pretty sure that’s the key to me not failing at writing reviews on time.
Also, imagine how good it would be for your social activities! If you’re like me, you decline nice lunch invitations to have secret dates with your books in a quiet place. What if you could have that hour to dive into a story, and then go out with a friend for a well-deserved burrito and a mandatory chat about the last scandal in the Taylor Swift/Kanye West case? 8 sharp at the party? No worries, the Time Turner will give you the extra hour you need to finish Me Before You and cry your heart out before you head out to be the queen of the party (people will blame alcohol for your red eyes so you’re all covered.) Cleaning up the apartment takes you forever? The Time Turner will give you back those stolen hours!
I want one.
PS: My birthday is September 18th :p
Item n°2 : Hermione’s bag
I don’t know about you but my bag is never big enough. All Gods bless the team who invented Kindle and other e-readers to avoid shoulder-destroying overflowing bags filled with books. But our babies aside, there are still a million things I need to fit in my bag. The list includes:
- A jacket, especially with the so-called summer we are having these days. One minutes it’s 35°C and the next the temperature drops to 15°C. I love the cold, but I can’t enjoy it without the right outfit. You know what? Make it my entire wardrobe!
- A giant bottle of sunscreen because I hate the sun and the feeling is mutual. He thinks I’m a cookie that needs to be browned.
- My entire makeup bag. Yes, I’m a girlie girl. I can’t go anywhere without my lipstick, powder, and foundation in case of emergencies. It also contains a first-aid kit because you never know when you are going to need a Hello Kitty dressing.
- Dog toys. What if you find the perfect park but can’t play because you did not take your baby’s favorite squirrel toy?
- My yoga mat. Feeling tired? Try a Savasana in the hall of the train station.
- My laptop. Imagine having the best post idea ever, and nothing to write it down? When I am stuck on a review, I often get the perfect introduction when I’m doing something completely different, and before I have time to grab a pen (my hand is lazy with pens) the entire thing is in my head and I have about 5 minutes before it self-destructs. Therefore I need my laptop, its charger, my external drive, and one of those little tables to put on your knees when you’re laptoping (Yes, I like inventing words.)
- A tiny fridge. They keep warning us about a zombie apocalypse. If I get stranded on the tramway, I need supplies! Moreover, you never know if you’ll be up for a Mars bar or some saucisson. Better cover all options by getting all snacks.
- Bottles of
watericed-tea. Hydration is the key to a perfect skin and mind. Or so they say. I’m sure they were drunk when they stated that.
- A kettle. Too cold for iced-tea? Make yourself your favorite hot beverage with your own kettle and cup.
- Shoes! A sudden downpour? Get your sneakers. An impromptu hike? Mountain shoes! A walk on the beach? Feet. Always bring another set of feet with you.
This is only the beginning of the list. I’ll spare you the rest, I should probably make it a List post! But you get the point.
I know the bag is only magical because of the spell (and if I were Hermione, I’d pick a better-looking one) but every woman needs a bottomless bag in her life.
Item n°3 A spell-checking quill
Another ordinary object turned vital for humankind. I don’t know about you, but I sure need a spell-checking quill. Especially one that works on blog posts and tweets. At least until the spell wears off and your work starts sounding like a foreign language. I wonder if there are quills made to check grammar, too…
That’s it for me! What are the objects you’d like to steal from the magic world?